I am excited to announce that the Film Actually Oscar Contest is back! Last year's contest was a great success and I just knew I had to make this an annual tradition. If you're a newcomer, the idea is simple - just predict as many correct Oscar nominations and you can win!
This year's contest will be bigger and better, as I have even better prizes for you. The person who gets the highest score will receive an $40 online gift card (USD, or the equivalent in another currency) for their relevant Amazon store (US, UK, Canada etc). In addition, there are other potential prizes up for grabs (read below).
As with last year, I will also be competing and I'm in it to win it! Read below for further details.
1. This contest is open to LAMB members only. I prefer to keep this as a community blogathon-like event.
2. To register: fill out the entry form below by 6PM US Eastern Time on January 11th, 2014.
3. To submit your predictions: send me (via twitter or email) a link to your blog post with your FINAL predictions. I will then save your predictions and enter them into my spreadsheet. You predictions are due by 6PM US Eastern Time on January 15th, 2014. I will not accept any changes to your predictions after they have been submitted.
4. Here are the categories I need you to include:
BEST SUPPORTING ACTOR
BEST SUPPORTING ACTRESS
BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY
BEST ADAPTED SCREENPLAY
BEST FOREIGN LANGUAGE FILM
BEST PRODUCTION DESIGN
BEST SOUND MIXING
BEST SOUND EDITING
BEST COSTUME DESIGN
BEST ORIGINAL SCORE
BEST DOCUMENTARY FEATURE
BEST ANIMATED FEATURE
BEST VISUAL EFFECTS
BEST MAKEUP & HAIRSTYLING
BEST ORIGINAL SONG(name the song, not just the film)
Each correct prediction will earn you 1 point. However, in the Best Picture category, every wrong prediction will lose you 1 point. With the current rules for this category (anywhere between 5-10 nominees), this will force you to choose wisely!
1. The person with the highest score will receive a $40 online gift card (USD or the equivalent in another currency) for their relevant Amazon store (US, UK, Canada etc.)
2. If by some miracle you get every prediction correct, I'll add a $10 bonus.
3. In the event of a tie, the winner will be the person who scores highest in the Best Picture category. If there's still a tie, we'll go to Best Director and further down the list until the tie is broken. The loser of the tie will receive a DVD/Blu-ray of one of last year's Best Picture nominees (your choice).
4. Anyone who is the only person to predict a particular nomination correctly will receive a DVD/Blu-ray of one of last year's Best Picture nominees (your choice).
If you have any questions, feel free to ask in the comments section. Good luck!